Saturday


Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,

snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,


silver white winters that melt into springs,


these are a few of my favorite things.










Lauren LOVES..........




Laura Laine




STUNNING breathtaking HAUNTINGLY beautiful IMAGINATIVE memorable ALLURING enchanting SEDUCTIVE captivating



One of my favourite illustrators, Laura Laine continues to inspire me...........


I love how she captures movement in her illustrations, she makes the figures alive and tells a story with the way she draws their bodies.



The combination of tonal drawing and colour works particularly well, it alows the garment design to stand out and overall as an illustration it creates an interesting contrast.








http://www.lauralaine.net/





Lauren LOVES................



Jewellery & Vintage


I have boxes and boxes full of jewellery that I have collected over a long period of time. From costume jewellery to vintage pieces I love the variation within each piece I collect. I find the details realy inspirational, and love using my jewellery to style my clothes.








Danielle SPECKER... Historic costume talk



Having the opportunity to see firsthand such historic beautiful garments was extremely exciting. It was incredible to understand that the fine fabrics start to deconstruct and decompose due to the treatments that was done on them when they were made.





The beading, embroidery and vintage lace were particularly inspiring to me. It reminded me of the detail and perfection that was so important in the 18th century and it left me thinking how the fast fashion culture of the 21st century has destroyed the historical beauty vision.


1900's jacket, with appliqued blue silk






The lace applique on this fabric is really


1920's pleated knickers, extremely delicate and fragile





1920's beaded dress on silk










Lauren LOVES..........






Brett Weston Photographs





Vintage White Sands, 1947



Cracked Paint, 1955



His photography delivers such a sharp and abstract approach to capturing his subject. The strong contrast between the black and white makes these photos very powerful and endearing.




















No comments:

Post a Comment